Cute

Cute

Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Banana Split Cake

I have a delicious recipe for banana split cake. It is simply divine... at least I like it.

Step 1: The crust
2 c. crushed graham crackers
1/4 c. sugar
1/4 c. melted butter

Mix together and press into glass 9 x 13 dish
Chill for 1 hour

Step 2: Delicious cream over the crust
1 egg
1/2 c. soft butter
2 c. powdered sugar
1 tsp. vanilla

-cream the butter and sugar
-add egg and vanilla
-spread over crust
-chill for 1 hour

(I know, there is a raw egg in it... but it is still fabulous)

Step 3: Layering the Fruit
-spread one can of crushed pineapple over the top of the crust and cream.
-slice a few bananas and layer over pineapple
-slice strawberries and layer over bananas
-slap on a layer of whipped cream and call it wonderful


I should have a picture of this delectable treat but I don't. I'll make it again soon and take a picture. It really is quite a delight.

Question: Does anyone know how to keep onions from stinging the eyes? Since we moved my eyes have been so sensitive to onions and it is kind of bugging me.

1 comment:

  1. Mm. That sounds so yummy. Do you wear contacts? I remember my mom reacted to onions worse when she wore a certain brand of contacts. Maybe that's it.

    ReplyDelete